WiMax / LTE Installation
Not all installations qualify under the requirments for a basic installation
- After locating a suitable line-of-sight to the Access Point the authorized Xplornet installer will mount the subscriber module to the home or building using a standard mounting bracket.
- The installer runs one pre-terminated outdoor Ethernet cable, up to 75 feet, from the base of the subscriber module to the point of entry into the home or building.
- a. (Canopy subscriber equipment): the installer installs a surge suppressor, preferably on the exterior of the home or building, which will then be grounded according to local regulations.
b. (Expedience subscriber equipment): the subscriber module is then grounded according to local regulations.
- The installer will seal all exterior holes and use drip loops on all exterior cables.
- The installer will run Ethernet cable, up to 50 feet, from the point of entry to the computer's location in the home or building. Typically, a small hole is required to be drilled in the outside of the wall to allow entrance of the cable.
- The installer will hookup an AC Power Adapter.
- Finally, the installer will test the system with the customer's PC to ensure the signal strength is working at the expected service level and Internet browsing is functioning.
Enhanced Installation - National
Additional charges may apply for any installation work that falls outside Basic Installation. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- any installation in excess of 50 km round trip from the dealer store to the customer location is subject to a fuel surcharge
- PC clean up, which includes quarantining and/or removing viruses and spyware
- setting up multiple PCs through a router or other Local Area Network (LAN) equipment
- installing NIC cards
- setting up multiple accounts on email client programs such as Outlook, Outlook Express, etc
- running cables in excess of the lengths stated in the Basic Installation section
- multiple runs of Ethernet cable within the home or building
- mounting the subscriber module on excessive heights (e.g. greater than standard one-storey roof)
- installing a pop-up tower or tri-pod and pole to improve line-of-sight
- installation of a reflector dish
- tree or branch cutting to avoid line-of-sight obstructions
Please contact your local authorized Xplornet dealer for more information on Enhanced Installation options and pricing.